Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Almondfarmer with pilot Kevin Morgan Smith of Hawke Ag Aviation (aerial ag applications, Oakdale, 209-765-6762) next to the Cessna 150 that Kevin used to take me up for some aerial photographs. Kevin did a great job of flying, giving me lots of opportunities for pictures and made a smooth landing for a safe return




Aerial pictures allow us to clearly see weaker areas of an orchard. We can investigate what those areas will need to become more robust. In this picture a weak area is apparent where a hill top was removed. We can test what nutrients are deficient and supplement those areas.

2 comments:

  1. All I can think about is how applicable good GIS would be for monitoring and managing this type of data.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep thinking about it and then set me up with some hardware and software and ideas to use it! I can still be taught new tricks.

    ReplyDelete