Friday, April 27, 2012

Heat Illness Prevention training
With the approach of the warm season, employees are receiving their annual heat illness prevention training as required by Cal OSHA.  Just one of many state-required training programs.  The training is of unquestionable value for new employees.  For veteran employees it is a good, albeit costly, review.  Also, required by state law, every day the temperatures may exceed 85 F is a daily morning reminder to each employee to drink lots of water and take other measures to avoid heat illness.  I will make a phone call on those days and read a message to my guys because they are at scattered locations.  I think they will tire of hearing from me every day!  I will explain that it is not I who thinks they are morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment